Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sundries

I'm not really sure about this, but I think doing a bunch of handstands is giving me crazy deltoids. Thanks, dad (!) (?)

My show, Troilus and Cressida, goes up tomorrow! I'm playing the lubber Ajax. Quite a shift from the latest (Lady Macbeth). I think we've done good work. The monsoons have come as they seem to do when one is trying to perform out of doors.
I'm trying to find jobs of various sorts and generally construct a plan of action for the next three to six months. It's a frustrating vocation that I find myself putting off daily; fear of rejection, I'm sure.
I hope to read ten books before my Carrboro sublet ends. Here's my idea so far:
1) The English Patient...May 22 (rereading from freshman year)
2) The Waves...May 29 (revisit in order to try to write a third chapter of my thesis, sort of transitioning it from undergrad- to grad-style work)
3) One Hundred Years of Solitude...June 5
4) Coming Through Slaughter...June 12
5) Ulysses...June 26 (terrified; I'm giving myself two weeks)
6) Bell's Virginia Woolf...July 3 (I'll be reading this all through June if I can be disciplined)
7) A Passage to India...July 10
8) Orlando...July 17
9) Between the Acts...July 24
10) Roger Fry: A Biography...July 31
This is clearly Woolf-laden. Hoping I don't get sick of her. But 18 months in I'm not so that bodes well.
The order is completely random. And the selections. I could probably pick a more doable and varied menu but I want to have it planned now. So here it is!

Vampire Weekend's "Giving Up the Gun" is taking over my life in a fantastic, sunshiny way.

No comments:

Post a Comment